All membership queries please email the Club Secretary
Online Club Page Lichess
League Management System Club Page ECF LMS
Pay Membership Online BOOKWHEN
Subscription Rates for 2020-21
Due to Covid-19 we have decided to
re-open ONLINE operating as we were during March, April, May and June.
This will include;
- Weekly meetings on Fridays 6:30pm-9:00pm
on LICHESS and ZOOM. Similar format as before. These were popular with about 25
entries each week.
- We will be running a training session for
juniors teaching chess basics on ZOOM. Thursdays at 5:30pm. If there is a demand we may add an advanced
- For the Under 16s we will continue to play
a team in the Worldwide Junior event where at the end of last season we were
promoted to Division A. This takes place every other Saturday at 4:00pm with Zoom
- For the Adults and Juniors we will
organise LICHESS online evening Team Events against other Sussex Clubs and of
course our club KO Championship.
- Members will be able to join the
occasional Special Events such as commentary and participation in talks on
world chess events similar to the successful David Howell talk.
- If enough demand and we know not to
everyone’s taste we will run variant chess tournaments and may even organise
an ULTRA BULLET championship !
We have some other ideas including adult beginner classes
that may be of interest to parents or grandparents.
We are suspending our normal club membership fee structure
though once we return to real life and if members wish to resume club meetings
at the Community Centre there will be a pro-rata full club membership fee to
However in the meantime we do have CLUB running costs for
ZOOM, LICHESS, TROPHIES, BOOKWHEN, INSURANCE, WEBSITE and ongoing EQUIPMENT
We are therefore introducing an Online Membership for the remainder of 2020 ;
Please join as soon as possible using this link on BOOKWHEN
Committee Members 2020-21
- President - Don Grant
- Chairman - Jonathan Tuck
- Secretary - David Fryer
- Treasurer - David Fryer
- 1st Team Captain - Nick Hope
- KO Cup and Rapidplay Team Captain - David Fryer
- Club Championship Controller - Jonathan Grisenthwaite
- Junior Coordinator - Vacancy
- Committee Member - Gary McCulloch
- Committee Member - Michael Redman
- Committee Member - Chris Dunn